February 23, 2009 | Posted by: Neil
We often have clients ask us to recommend online tools that they can use to monitor, manage, and enhance their web presence. While we are always chatting about things we like, we wouldn't be following our own advice if we didn't take a moment to share on our site as well. Moving forward, we'll work to regularly share our favorites with you. For this installment we'll start with some of our favorite online marketing tools, all of which are FREE, FREE, FREE. In no particular order:
- Addictomatic - An EB favorite for monitoring a company, product or competitor for a broad range of activities, Addictomatic pulls in feeds from any number of sites all in one place including YouTube, Twitter, Flickr and many more. It is a great place to get a quick snapshot of activity.
- Google Blog Search - As it's name implies, it is Google Search, but just for blogs. Another great place to monitor activity along side your competitors.
- Google Analytics - A staple in the analytics world, this is about as robust of a free tool as you can ask for.
- Google Web Site Optimizer - Another tool from Google that allows for simple conversion testing and optimization for your site.
- Twitter - You've heard it plenty recently, but we wouldn't bring it up if we didn't truly believe it was a great tool for engaging your buyers.
- Twitter Search - Whether or not you buy into Twitter as a marketing tool, Twitter Search is worth a look to gauge conversation around your company, industry or brand. Plus you don't even have to join to check activity.
- SubmitExpress - A great tool for checking the number of backlinks, (pages or posts on other sites that link back to yours) on your site vs. your competitors.
- Local Search- While not a single site or tool, adjusting your organization's local search listing on sites like Google Maps, MapQuest and Yahoo Maps is a quick and easy way to provide another means for prospects and customers alike to find you based on your location rather than worldwide.
- CrazyEgg - Another great analytics tool that lets you visualize your visitors in heat map format. Great for creating reports that look more exciting than your standard traffic report.
- StumbleUpon - Not purely a marketing tool, but a great way to find resources based on your interest, StumbleUpon is a bookmarking tool that pushes new content to you based on how you rate each page. It's a great way to find new content relevant to your needs. Also, "submitting" your own posts is a great way to drive traffic to your site.
Have your own favorites? Tell us what they are and we'll add them to the list. We'll get more specific from here so let us know what topics your like to see most (SEO, Design, Community, etc.)